Mount Batur Facts – Mount Batur Bali is one of the famous volcano in Indonesia drowns of tourist from the entire globe. The volcano nested in Kintamani district, Bangli regency Bali has a history of huge explosive 23,670 and 28,500 years ago and the last erupted was in 2000. The level of Volcanic Mount Batur is embodied in the topography of the mountains including the Batur Cadera, Lake Batur and the area itself. Aside from the activities of volcano, Mount Batur well known as the second sacred mountain in Bali after Mount Agung, believed the home of Brahma God “Symbol of fire God”. Bali is an island that very culture, it we can see the unique tradition of Hindu “it’s in contrast to Indonesia where the majority is Muslim”. Every six months local villager who lives nearby Mount Batur held big sacrifice ceremony to the crater, it believed to balances between, God, Nature and Human being.
Bellow another Mount Batur facts might useful for your:
- The famous volcano in Indonesia archipelago, that you can see from the visitor who visit Mount Batur every day, lately over 300 to 400 visiting who climb mount Batur to catch sunrise. Most of them are tourist form all the word, some also local people who love to catch sunrise from attitude 1.717 meter above sea level.
- The second highest volcano in Bali, as we known Mount Batur altitude only 1.717 meter above sea level, this is the second highest volcano in Bali after Mount Agung 3.142 meters above sea level. The ascent of hike from the starting point is 665 meters.
- The easier climbing volcano in Bali, if we compare to Mount Agung, climbing mount Batur is very easy, take only 2 hours from Toyabungkah starting point by normal walking, if good speed can be done by 1 h 30 minutes. Kids bellow 10 yeas able to conquer Mount Batur Bali, so everyone do not worry about level of difficulty Batur Volcano.
- Become the second Kuta beach on the top of the mountain, if you think you can move form hustle and bustle city live is big mistake because on the summit of Mount Batur can be 300 to 400 hundreds people want to catch sunrise.
- There three common starting point, the other Mount Batur Fact are not only one starting point hiking mount Batur, there three different starting point, if you want take private path, less crowded and through to the summit take via Toyabungkah, if want long and busies or share tour can go via Pura Jati and if want take the private one but the longer one can go via Serongga.
- Available volcanic kitchen, on the north summit (hike via toyabungkah) you can see volcanic steam where your guide cooked fresh Egg and Banana in the ground, the hit of volcanic steam make the Egg and Banana ready to eat after 10 minutes cooked.
- Available there different trip, if you want hike Mount Batur you should
know the different trip of Mount Batur tour. Short trip just hike to the summit and going and same way down, Medium trip is hike up to the summit, surrounding the rim of main crater, visit the cave and different going done and long trip is hike to the rim of the crater cross to the south side to the last eruption 2000. The best choice is Medium trip because you will see entire landscape of Mount Batur and we recommend taking this trip.
That all about Mount Batur Facts, I hope by reading this article everyone can imagine what they will see if they do Mount Batur tour. If there are some tips to complete my article please do not hesitate to contact us and give us the best way to put it in, thank you.